Beet soup, silken tofu and smoked almonds•
Posted on October 24 2023
Preparation: 10 minutes | Cooking time : 15 minutes | Servings: 2 servings
15 ml (1 tbsp) Stefano olive oil
1 French shallot, chopped
1 sachet (250 ml) purified beet puree
125-180 ml (1/2 to ¾ cup) chicken (or vegetable) broth without added salt
150 g (1/2 package) silken (or soft) tofu, cut into 2 or 4 pieces
15 ml (1 tbsp.) roasted camelina oil Signé Caméline
½ lemon, juice and zest to taste
60 ml (1/4 cup) smoked almonds, roughly chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp.) chives, chopped
2 ml (1/2 tsp) caraway seeds, crushed (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a non-stick pot, heat the oil.
- Add the shallot and cook for 1 minute. Add the beet puree and chicken broth.
- Bring gently to a boil. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the lemon juice and a little zest to taste. Mix. Keep warm.
- In a bowl, put the smoked almonds, chives, caraway seeds and a little lemon zest to taste. Mix.
- In 4 hollow bowls, place a piece of tofu at the bottom and add a drizzle of camelina oil.
- Pour the beetroot soup all around.
- Add the garnish on top.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.
Photo credit: Ariel Tarr
Recipe credit: Danny St-Pierre