Stewed pork with apples and mushrooms•
Posted on October 23 2023
Preparation: 20 minutes | Cooking time : 35 minutes | Servings: 6 servings
15 ml (1 tbsp) camelina oil Signé Caméline
900 g (2 lb) pork loin cut into cubes
1 chopped onion
1 container of white mushrooms (227 g), cut in half
1 leek (white part only) cut into slices
15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped garlic
30 ml (2 tbsp.) all-purpose flour
500 ml (2 cups) cider
250 ml (1 cup) chicken broth
4 fresh sage leaves
2 or 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Cortland apples cut into quarters
125 ml (1/2 cup) 35% cooking cream
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Brown the pork cubes on all sides for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the onion, mushrooms, leek and garlic. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add the cider, broth and herbs. Salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 to 25 minutes over low heat, stirring a few times during cooking.
- Add the apple quarters and continue cooking for 13 to 15 minutes, stirring a few times during cooking.
- Remove the thyme and discard it.
- Pour the cream into the pan and continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring.
Photo and recipe credit: www.5ingredients15minutes.com